We are contacted often by out-of-town visitors who have been injured while visiting New York for either their vacation or business.
It is unfortunate to get injured during a vacation or business trip. We can help you either while you are still in New York or after you have returned home.
Here are some cases:
- Rockefeller Center trips and falls. A client from Maine tripped due to a defective sidewalk in Rockefeller Plaza. This is similar to a prior case involving a California client and which is discussed here. This Maine client suffered a fractured ankle. In another case, a client from Philadelphia fractured her ankle while descending the steps next to the ice skating rink.
- Hotel Pennsylvania mirror accident. A large mirror fell on the client in her guest room. The client sustained neck injuries.
- Waldorf Astoria Hotel slip and fall. The client fell due to a leaking ice machine. The client received low spine injuries.
- New York City sidewalk defect. A visitor from Australia fell on a public sidewalk due to construction. This client fractured her jaw, and she underwent surgery (open reduction with internal fixation).
- Horse and carriage accident in Central Park. A British family was tossed out of a carriage when it overturned.
As with any accident case, it is crucial to do the investigation early. In the case of the Australian who fell on a sidewalk, she contacted us the day after her surgery. She was able to take us to the site so that we could photograph it. This was done the day before she was to leave New York.
This is the optimal situation. However, we have been able to conduct the investigation when the client returns home. For example, in the Rockefeller Center cases, we took a series of photographs which we e-mailed to the client so that we could pinpoint the accident site.
If you have been injured in an accident while visiting New York, please feel free to call me at 800-581-1434 for a free consultation or write to email@example.com.
Mark E. Seitelman, 4/2/10, www.seitelman.com.