Getting a Recovery for Bicycle Injuries; Get a Police Report

The New York Police Department has started to track and report bicycle accidents in the same manner that it writes-up motor vehicle accidents.

This is good news for injured clients.

First, the NYPD and the Department of Traffic can study bicycle accident patterns regarding present and future bike lanes.  It will also allow study of the interaction of cyclists with pedestrians.  This will help traffic planning.

Second, this is good news in that injured bicyclists and pedestrians will have their accidents recorded in a detailed manner.  As we discussed many times before regarding motor vehicle accidents (see our prior post), the police report will prove the happening of the accident as well as identifying defendant.  

Therefore, if you have been injured in a bicycle-bicycle or bicycle-pedestrian accident, be sure to call the police to the scene so that a full accident report can be taken.

If you have injured in a bicycle accident, please feel free to call me at 800-581-1434 or write to

Mark E. Seitelman, 4/6/12,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: